The Gross US National Debt

My Take On Things

Things and events the way I see them.

Monday, April 09, 2007

ALONSO WINS MALAYSIA - But Hamilton is again the true star of the show.

Fernando Alonso won the Malaysian Grand Prix yesterday without so much as a single mistake, thanks mainly to one F. Massa screwing it for Ferrari at the first corner. Way to go Felipe.
The real star of the race was without a doubt Lewis Hamilton who finished a brilliant second after withstanding serious pressure from Massa for the first quarter of the race. I love the way he suckered Massa into over braking and running his Ferrari off the road, a sweet move for sure and one that only comes with maturity. Which is to say that Hamilton is a racer tried and true with plenty of maturity to go around.

I will assume Massa has been dressed down quite severely for his mistakes and with any luck, we will see Mike back next year after they ask Massa to leave.

Was also a little disappointed with Kimi. It seemed as though he kind of gave up trying to catch Lewis until right near the end. Not something you would expect from a driver who is earning 5 times what his team mate earns.

It was also nice to hear the announcers saying things like " If Mike was racing today he would be doing...etc. etc." which says to me that already Two races into the new season he is sorely missed and that the racing is a little lackluster to say the least...save for Mr. Hamilton who provides great entertainment every race, for the entire race. Well done Lewis.

See you all in Bahrain on the 15th.

Ciao



1 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Marcus,
I am sorry that I've taken so long to respond to your blog. As you know, I was unavailable for comment this past week and as a result, I will do so now.
In an email to me, sent earlier this year you had written "Alonslow will not win ONE RACE this year. you heard it here first"
I just wanted to thank you for your consistancy dude - - - Thank you for ALWAYS being wrong !
When the guys with the 'best' car can't even muscle up and bring a decent show to the world, they should just go away. Like your dream date Michael Poosmacker.
Lewis was brilliant, but probably through his observations of watching a true champion - his team mate, run a flawless race. Did I mention flawless ?
He seems to do that a lot yes ?
I guess that is why he is the 2 time world champion - and that was done in a car that was NOT the 'class' of the field.
See you on the podium of Bahrain my friend. Maybe Ferrari can buy a win there ? - Although, it would be nice to see them try to win legitimately for a change.
T as in Trackside

 

Post a Comment

<< Home